Duration: 16 months
- Minimum 5 A-C GCSE grades or European equivalent
- Class 1 medical
- Pilot assessment pass
- English language proficiency level 4
Integrated Airline Pilot
Training with Airline Pilot Academy
The APA Integrated course takes students with little or no previous flying experience to a Commercial Pilot’s License (CPL) with a Multi-Engine Instrument Rating (MEIR) referred to as the ‘frozen’ ATPL. The course also includes a Multi Crew Co-operation (MCC) course, which is required to proceed to Type Rating. Once type training has been completed, pilots can be employed as a First Officer with an airline. Graduate pilots with a ‘frozen’ ATPL are free to train on any aircraft type and to fly for any airline that will accept their national license. Most airlines will initially assign new First Officers to “short haul” fleets so they can build experience in the more demanding departure and approach phases of flight. Once an ATPL holder has gained 1,500 hours experience, the ATPL becomes ‘unfrozen’ and they are then eligible to be considered for promotion. The course lasts for approx. 70 weeks.
- A minimum of 5 GCSE’s A*-C/9-6 passes. English, maths and science preferred. Any European equivalent or higher qualification is accepted.
- 18 years or older
- UK or EU passport holder (due to not holding the full tier 4 visa approval)
- Pilot Aptitude Assessment completed at BCFT with a one-to-one interview
- Class 1 Medical – initial centres can be found here and more detailed information on what to expect here.
- Airline Focused training from day 1
- Multi engine training completed in both the USA and UK
- All flight training included within the cost, including any flights beyond the syllabus
- First time flight test fees included
- New course begins every 8 weeks
- Accommodation at all training locations include within the cost
- Flights and visa’s to Florida and Dublin included and organised
- Competency Based MCC & JOC Training delivered on A320 & B737 Simulators
ATPL Core Training is conducted at our airline training centre in Bournemouth. This phase begins with ATPL ground training and concludes with single-engine flying up to first solo! ATPL Intermediate Training is completed at our partner training centre at the Florida Institute of Technology (FIT) in Melbourne, Florida, USA. This phase covers navigation single-engine flight training and a 25hr multi-engine course which concludes with the CPL flight test. ATPL Advanced Training I sees our students return to our Bournemouth base. This phase covers multi-engine training in an all weather IFR environment. ATPL Advanced Training II is finalised at Simtech in Dublin, a 10 day course for the MCC/JOC (Multi Crew Cooperation/Jet Orientation Course).
ATPL Core Training – 7 months
ATPL Intermediate Training – 4 months
ATPL Advanced Training I – 3 months
ATPL Advanced Training II – 10 days
Graduates of The Airline Pilot Academy’s course are issued with the Frozen Airline Transport Pilots Licence (A) The price of the course is £86,565 this price includes VAT.
Please get in contact for more information.