Duration: 16 months
- Minimum 5 A-C GCSE grades or European equivalent
- Class 1 medical
- Pilot assessment pass
- English language proficiency level 4
Integrated Pilot Training
Our APA Integrated Pilot Training course takes students with little or no previous flying experience to a Commercial Pilot’s License (CPL) with a Multi-Engine Instrument Rating (MEIR) referred to as the ‘frozen’ ATPL. The course also includes an APS MCC (Airline Pilot Standard Multi Crew Cooperation) course which is required to proceed to Type Rating.
Bournemouth Commercial Flight Training centre is renowned in the aviation industry for our excellent and personal approach to airline pilot training. From your first contact with us, our aim is to provide you with a personalised pathway to becoming a first officer. This begins when you first visit, we do not run group interviews rather we meet each and every one of our students on a one-to-one basis. We believe pilot training is a very personal matter and endeavour to match our ambition to yours.
Our carefully considered course structure guarantees that our instructor to student ratio is optimised through each phase of training. This ensures one of the highest success rates in the UK, all within 17 months.
- A minimum of 5 GCSE’s A*-C/9-6 passes. English, maths and science preferred. Any European equivalent or higher qualification is accepted.
- 18 years or older
- UK or EU passport holder (due to not holding the full tier 4 visa approval)
- Pilot Aptitude Assessment completed at BCFT with a one-to-one interview
- Class 1 Medical – initial centres can be found here and more detailed information on what to expect here.
Integrated ATPL Course
- Airline Focused training from day 1
- Multi engine training completed in both the USA and UK
- All flight training included within the cost
- First time flight test fees included
- Enjoy course start flexibility with 6 intakes each year
- Accommodation at all training locations include within the cost
- Flights and visa’s to Florida and Dublin included and organised for you
- Competency Based MCC & JOC Training delivered on A320 & B737 Simulators
Gaining your Frozen ATPL is the industry standard wherever you train. Our philosophy focuses on how you get to that point and your personal development on the way.
ATPL Core Training – 7 months, Bournemouth, UK
ATPL Core Training is conducted at our airline pilot academy within BCFT based out of Bournemouth International Airport. This phase begins with ATPL ground training and concludes with single-engine flying up to first solo! Over 750 hours of instructor-led classroom time, with no CBT (computer based teaching), delivering a comprehensive understanding of the 13 required ATPL exams. This phase will provide you with the skills and knowledge to pass the exams and, importantly, is crucial in developing a foundation for the next phase of flight training.
Once your exams are completed, results will be given at the end of the week and to maintain momentum your initial 10 hours of flight training will commence the following Monday out of Bournemouth.
ATPL Intermediate Training – 4 months, Melbourne, USA
ATPL Intermediate Training is completed at our partner training centre at the Florida Institute of Technology (FIT) in Melbourne, Florida, USA. FIT offers our students cost efficiencies and consistent weather patterns, optimising time in the air to develop the motor skills required for single engine VFR (visual flight rules) flight.
Once the single engine phase has been completed, our students then progress onto the Piper Seminole to complete a 25hr multi-engine course which concludes with the CPL flight test with a CAA Examiner. This whole phase takes approximately 4.5 months with the return flights, accommodation and visas all provided and organised for you by BCFT.
ATPL Advanced Training I – 3 months, Bournemouth, UK
ATPL Advanced Training I welcomes our students back to our Bournemouth base for multi-engine training in an all weather IFR environment. As the IR (instrument rating) forms the basis of all commercial flights we have extended this part of the course beyond the standard 45 hours of training to 65 hours. This emphasis is to give our students the best possible exposure to a real commercial flying environment as well as preparing to pass their IR test to the highest of their ability.
ATPL Advanced Training II – 3 weeks, Dublin, Ireland
ATPL Advanced Training II takes our students to the impressive, high tech facility of Simtech in Dublin to complete a 3 week course for the APS MCC (Airline Pilot Standards Multi Crew Cooperation). Dublin is the headquarters for many airlines and affords our students up to the minute training conducted by current airline training captains.This has presented past students with job opportunities before they had even concluded their training.
At the end of your training you will have gained 200 hours of flight and simulator training and obtained your frozen ATPL (A).
The cost of the course is £88,785 including VAT.
Everything that is included:
- Accommodation at all training venues
- All simulator and flight training required
- Cost of first attempts at flying progress tests and Skills tests
- All navigation equipment required including Flight Bag
- All Uniform required for the course. Student to provide black shoes and trousers/skirt
- All flights to and from the training venues
The few things that aren't included:
- Accommodation at Gatwick whilst taking ground examinations
- Fees (currently £73 per exam) for the ground examinations paid directly to the CAA
- Meals at any venue
- Licence issue fees
The Next Step
Once type training has been completed, pilots can be employed as a First Officer with an airline. Graduate pilots with a ‘frozen’ ATPL are free to train on any aircraft type and to fly for any airline that will accept their national license. Most airlines will initially assign new First Officers to “short haul” fleets so they can build experience in the more demanding departure and approach phases of flight. Once an ATPL holder has gained 1,500 hours experience, the ATPL becomes ‘unfrozen’ and they are then eligible to be considered for promotion.
Please get in contact for more information or to arrange your personalised visit to BCFT