Jetline Modular Programme
Duration: Minimum 18 months
- Over 18 years of age
- It is highly recommended that you hold your Class 1 Medical prior to commencing training.
Modular Commercial Pilot Training
About Modular Pilot Training
As an alternative to our Integrated training, students can choose a modular pilot training approach to becoming a commercial pilot. Modular training at BCFT still offers the same industry leading standards, comprehensive course content and structured student support. You’ll get the advantage of learning in your own time and at your own pace.
In order to become a commercial airline pilot you are required to achieve all qualifications, licenses and ratings to get you to a frozen ATPL (whether via a full time integrated course or on a modular basis). A modular course gives students the flexibility and time to complete the training on a module by module basis. Some students choose to earn as they learn, some are exploring other aspects of the aviation industry at the same time whilst others are still in other employment.
Once all training modules are complete, students can then apply for a First Officer position at a commercial airline.
- Private Pilots Licence
- Night Rating
- Experience building
- Commercial Pilots Licence
- Multi Engine Piston Rating
- Multi Engine Instrument Rating
- Multi Crew Co-operation and Jet Orientation Course (training completed elsewhere)
- In house instructors and examiners for all 9 PPL theory exams
- Radiotelephony Test – Written and oral
- 750 hour residential ATPL course.
Private Pilots Licence – PPL
- 45 hours
- 9 theory exams
- flight test
- Full or part time basis
- 5 hours
- 5 solo take offs and landings to be completed within the 5 hours
Commercial Pilots Licence – CPL
- 25 hours (15 hours if IR held)
- multi or single engine
- Minimum of 5 hours to be completed on a complex aircraft (variable pitch prop and retractable undercarriage)
- Flight test
- Minimum of 175 hours’ total time, 100 of which are to be P1 to begin the course
Multi Engine Piston – MEP
- 6 hours
- 1 theory paper
- flight test
Instrument Rating – IR
- 45 hours (30 hours sim/15 hours aircraft) – CPL holders
- 55 hours (35 hours sim/20 hours aircraft) – none CPL holders